We have been taking part in the Krabby Patty Challenge to mark the release of Spongebob Squarepants Plankton’s Robotic Revenge video game. Krabby Patty’s are synonymous with Spongebob but Mr Krabs will not tell anyone the recipe! So we have been challenged to come up with our own Krabby Patty Recipe that you can make and enjoy at home. We love a challenge here at Mum of 3 Boys and cooking ones are one of our favourite. The boys and Dad of 3 were very excited and couldn’t wait to help me in the kitchen.
We spent Friday evening discussing ideas of what we would like to have in our Krabby Patty’s and then yesterday morning we headed down to our local butcher and supermarket to buy the ingredients. Then last night it was til to get stuck in with our very own Krabby Patty’s on the menu for dinner. The smell from the kitchen was lovely and we couldn’t wait to get stuck in! So here we go here is our very own Krabby Patty Recipe:
Mum of 3 Boys Welsh Krabby Patties:
- 1 Onion
- 500g mince meat
- 1lb sausage meat
- fresh coriander
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Bread rolls
- Olive Oil (for cooking)
1. Chop the onion and coriander.
2. Place in a mixing bowl the chopped Onion, mince meat and sausage meat.
3. Ensuring you have clean hands, mix together the ingredients in the bowl with your hands.
4. Add the beaten egg and combine with the ingredients.
5. Add in the chopped coriander.
6. Take the ingredients and form into patties using your hands and place on a baking tray with
7. Pour a little Olive Oil in a frying pan
8. Take two or three burgers at a time and cook over a medium heat for approx 10 minutes on
each side or until golden in colour/ patty is cooked through (juices are running clear)
9. Serve on a burger bun or bread roll.
10. Top with a slice of cheese and some salad
We made 10 patties and had some mix left over, you can make them to any size you wish, we made them to standard burger size. The smell while the patties were cooking was just gorgeous, I hadn’t been too sure about the coriander in the patties but the others had insisted. But when mine were ready I have to say they were delicious. You could top your Krabby Patties with what ever you like, we opted for cheese and a crunchy salad and it worked very well together. The boys and Erin enjoyed their Patties and it has shown the boys just how easy making homemade burgers are and also how much tastier too!
If our attempt at making Krabby Patties has inspired you, why not try making them yourself or inventing your very own Krabby Patty recipe.