I’m thrilled to be taking part in the first International Blog Swap Day with Tots100 and Digital Parents. I’ve been partnered with the lovely Kate who blogs at Raising Misters. Here’s Kate’s post.
Hi! My name is Kate and I write a new blog called Raising Misters.
I’m a 33 year old single mama of two little misters, Jack (5) and Hayden (2), living on the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia.
Why did I decide to write a blog? It’s actually something I’d been wanting to do for a long time, I just never had the courage to do it. The main idea behind Raising Misters came not long after I had Jack and I found it difficult to find cool and unique things for boys. Everywhere you look, there’s a tonne of beautiful sweet things for girls but not so many for boys.
So, I decided to create a space to promote businesses selling items for the little misters anything from clothes to décor, linen, gifts and craft as well as birthday party ideas and more. I’ve kind of made it my mission to hunt down great ideas for boys and let you know when I find them.
I also write about life as a single mum and the craziness that fills our days. It’s new (only about a month old) but I’m loving it. It’s great to meet and interact with people from all over, sharing ideas and laughs. It’s nice to be part of a positive community!
Here’s 10 things you wouldn’t know about me:
1. The beach is my happy place.
2. I have a potty mouth (sorry).
3. I’m terrible at saving. I try and fail, a lot.
4. The thought of entering the ‘dating scene’ after a divorce makes me want to hide in a corner, in the foetal position, in my most comfy tracksuit pants. It’s been an awfully long time since I’ve ‘dated’ (is it even still called that??) and I wouldn’t have the foggiest idea what to do. So, when the time comes, I’ll be (stupidly) sharing the adventure with you. Get ready to laugh at my expense.
5. My favourite smells are coconut, coffee, garlic, frangipani flowers (the actual flowers, not the candles or incense or perfume that claim to smell like frangipani but actually smell like toilet freshener)
6. I have a MASSIVE fear of spiders. I carry a can of super strength spray around the house with me. I also don’t like heights. I can look out across the distance from up high but will probably muffle a scream if I have to look down. This includes the gaps between trains and the platform, planes and the stairs, and those staircases with nothing between each step except air.
7. I am the used-by-date warden. I sniff everything (especially the milk, even though I’ve already checked the date, twice) and I secretly check the dates of friends and families items. All the time.
8. Some of my favourite movies are The Beach, Chocolat, Eat Pray Love, and Under the Tuscan Sun. I ugly cried at Nights in Rodanthe, Message in a Bottle and The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas. I laughed out loud at The 40 Year Old Virgin, The Hangover, Last Vegas and Bridesmaids. I adored Life of Pi. I’ve never watched any of the Star Wars or Star Trek movies (there’s a difference, right?). I watch Home Alone every Christmas. Magic Mike was a terrible movie. But I’d still watch it over and over again.
9. I need to exercise more. That last word was unnecessary.
10. I am Pinterest obsessed.
You can find Raising Misters at www.raisingmisters.com. I’m also on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Come on over and say hi, I’d love to hear from you.