Welsh actress Siwan Morris, local Olympian Helen Jenkins and The Lord Mayor are joining forces with M&S to help launch a special World’s Biggest Coffee Morning event for Macmillan Cancer Support at the M&S Café at Cardiff Queen Street on Friday 27 September.
Starting at 10am, Siwan and Helen will help get the coffee morning and fundraising activities underway. These will include:
- A cake decorating demonstration by Avana Bakeries
- Hand massages from the M&S Beauty team
- Children’s cupcake decorating
- Close-up magic and Balloon modelling with The Magnificent Johno
- Face-painting with Face 1st
Customers coming into the Cardiff Queen Street store this Friday morning will be joining over 5 million people across the UK who are expected to take part in coffee mornings on the 27th.
Siwan Morris, said: “This year’s World’ Biggest Coffee Morning is on track to raise an incredible £15 million that will go to paying for a raft of services to support people affected by cancer. I’m thrilled to help launch the event at M&S Cardiff and hope people in the city come to the Café on the 27th to help raise lots of money for this incredible cause.”
Simon Phillips, Store Manager at M&S Cardiff Queen Street, said: “The World’s Biggest Coffee Morning provides a great excuse to gather with friends, family, or work colleagues, put your feet up and enjoy a cuppa and a slice of cake and all in aid of a truly worthwhile charity.
“The event on the 27th will provide lots of fun activities for the whole family to enjoy and we hope all our customers can come along to show your support for a cause that affects so many of us.”
Rebecca Parke, Local Macmillan Cancer Support representative, said, “We are proud to be working with M&S for a fourth year and we would encourage everyone to come along on the 27th to the M&S Café at the Cardiff Queen Street store. There will be lots of exciting things happening in store and by simply enjoying a cup of coffee and a slice of cake, people can support us in our drive to ensure no one faces cancer alone.”
Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning calls on people across the country to gather with friends and family to hold a coffee morning. In addition, customers can also support the cause by going to over 300 M&S Cafés nationwide and buying:
· 14 select items sold in M&S Cafés. 5p of the retail selling value of these items will be donated to Macmillan;
· A Victoria Sponge cake from M&S Food halls. 20p of the retail selling value of this popular dessert will be donated to Macmillan;
· A cup of coffee – M&S will donate a further 50p for every coffee sold tomorrow;
· Specially-commissioned pin badges or Macmillan’s ‘Little Book of Treats’, which features recipes from supporters and celebrities.
Make time for what really matters by holding or attending a coffee morning. Visit www.macmillan.org.uk/coffee or call 0845 602 1246 or text COFFEE to 88080 to get your Coffee Morning Kit today.